Sip the wine, soak up the info.
We’ll choose distinctive, less-familiar wines and native varieties, from producers who are exported on a limited basis, or perhaps not at all. We’ll taste Tre Venezie wines and perhaps those from throughout Italy, all chosen specifically for their quality and diversity. In fact, you’ll experience a far wider variety of wines during this tasting than you ever would criss-crossing the countryside in a one-day wine tour, as you absorb some of the most enlightening, practical, and thoroughly un-intimidating wine information you’ll find anywhere.
A variety is a grape, a varietal is a wine. Really.
As you sample, you may also discover
- that you really do like white wine
- that there are some intense reds that never see oak
- that pairing wine with food is not as intimidating as it sounds
- why just knowing the grape name can give you a clue as to where it was produced
- easy ways to decode an Italian wine label for future experimentation
You’ll learn lots of whys-and-wherefores that will help you choose the best Italian wines once you’ve left us, both as you travel, and once you’re back home — whether you’ve ever heard of them or not. In fact, after experiencing the Lessons of the Vine, you’ll be the one talking up that great Malvasia Istriana…
Lessons of the Vine includes:
- a semi-private, small group tasting – maximum six people
- a flight of 6 wines, three white, three red, chosen according to season and theme, concentrating on quality wines produced from lesser known varieties and regions. (You may also book a private event for special requests.)
- gourmet antipasti paired to enjoy and experiment with our chosen wines (let us know of any dietary requirements or preferences, we can adapt!)
- lively, informative explanations in English by a professional sommelier